Monday, June 9, 2008

First day at work.
It was, well, okay.. a little bored at times, blur at other times (okay, i shall say blur at all times) and a little lonely. Haha, but i do know that it takes time for friendships to start (:

Just now when i met the staff i kept thinking to myself, "gosh, these people are gonna be my family for i-dont-know-how-long".. I got a shock when the afternoon staffs came into the ward. There were so many young nurses! Nurses around my age group. Early 20s, middles 20s. Most of the staff in the ward are young!
I'm the "newest" staff, so most of the time i was following some staff and listening while they orientated me and if i'm not doing that then i'm hanging around awkwardly.
But the staff are nice la.
Some will motion for me to sit down instead of standing/leaning on the counter.


During the moments when i was sitting down, trying to read an extremely word-y protocol on sedation, which clearly i wasn't paying much real attention to, i would occasionally look up and scan the whole ward, watch the staff.. the walls are painted lilac and purple, the staff seem to be fun people..I know i'd get used to it, I'll like working here soon enough (:

God is good, you all do know how i desired to be in a children's ward?
The HR lady told me that I wouldn't know which ward i'd get into until today itself. Initially i was worry-ing, but i became kinda confident that i'll be posted into a childrens' ward because of the prayers and prophecies prayed over me during camp (MSG session was GREAT). I trusted God, and so yes, I'm a staff nurse working for the children and their parents now.
There's another prayer that God answered, and this was something extra that i wanted: that i won't work in a C class ward. I'm in a B2 class ward, and they've got aircon. (:

No comments: