Monday, September 8, 2008

I will be starting my night shift this coming friday. whoooooo.
My first night!
they said that allowance for working nightshifts are good, especially if you're working nights on weekends.
Including tomorrow and wednesday, i would be working 4 days a.m. shift straight.
Tiring!
Noticed a trend on the workflow. Mornings gets extremely busy on mondays, picking up on tuesday and wednesday.. and towards friday, work slows down, and sundays are usually quiet sundays.
The same way too, noticed a trend in our ward census. When it's school holidays, there'll be less children in the ward.. and when school starts, more gets admitted. So, ill be looking forward to a relatively quiet November and December.

Had to write and submit an incident report yesterday (my first incident report and i don't wanna write anymore too). One 15 yr old patient threw a chair at my patient, causing a bruise on her thigh area . Thank God it was just that kiddy-plastic chair. Seriously, kids these days.
Informed the unit nurse manager of the incident, she told me to prepare the report, call the security up and she'll come by my ward soon.
She came confidently asking for "Minnie, the nurse who called her up earlier".
"Sheela" and "Minnie" hardly sound alike.

The higher-ups have discussed and thought about making my ward an adolescent ward.. and with the current group of teens 'residing' in my ward right now, we nurses were discussing that we need a police on stand-by. On saturday alone we called up the security countless of times.

Been bumping into alot of my woodlands sec ex-classmates/peers/seniors recently, and all the time i'm in nursing uniform.And i meet them either in the ward or in buses. Last month, an ex-classmate's niece was admitted to my ward. One/two weeks back i bump into Zakiah (: missed you too! we really did not have any time to talk, the wave of people behind were pushing me to move towards the rear of the bus. And today, a *coughgoodlookingcough* guy one year my senior visited a child in my ward.

I cannot wait for DAY-OFF on thursday!!!!!

No comments: