Thursday, October 1, 2009

Do i believe that every change would probably have gone tru with God before it could happen to me? Will i believe that God probably allowed them for a reason?
I dislike changes unless it's something I've planned for or have prepared for. Even if this change is for a short while.
But can I say, am i willing to say, that it is well with my soul?

Talking to all my friends though have helped me in putting it all into perspective. When Alvin mentioned that maybe when I'm in a place far away and I'm faced in a situation where there are bad wounds, cuts, burns. Then I'll look back and thank God for this experience.

It's been three days at the new ward. I whispered to Rages before i left yesterday that all these are new to me, and I actually would like to learn. That day i observed a dressing I haven't quite seen before. I just don't like the ward culture 'cause I come from a ward where our teamwork is awesome and all my colleagues are nice and fun people to be around.

Having worked in a positive environment for the past one year and a half isn't making it easy for me to accept this new setting. On my first day itself, the ward sister told the three of us that her ward girls wouldn't come out to teach us but would assume that we know and don't have to be guided.
Honestly? You're actually saying that?

Maybe i'm putting up my experiences and expectations against this ward cause I came from one that's entirely different from this one. To that, Nana told me that it's like I've come down from heaven to earth.

A ward becomes a family, 'cause majority of my time, if i'm not at home, I'm at work. And we don't change colleagues. Look around across the entire nation and most nurses would have come from and stayed in one ward for a long period of time unless they request for a transfer or resign etc.
I asked Mama Keu how long has she been in Ward 85 before she was deployed to Ward 61 during the H1N1 period, and her answer stunned me. 10 years. Since the ward FIRST opened. There's the reason why I'm so attached to my colleagues and don't like the idea that we're all split up.

I'm not as fired up as last week.
And I'm trying to give my frustrations to God and continue learning to trust in Him.
No one may want to take the initiative guide/teach me. It's okay, I'll pray and ask God for His wisdom instead.

It will be well with my soul.

No comments: