Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's the climb

"There's always gonna be another mountain. I'm always gonna wanna make it move. Always gonna be an uphill battle. Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose. Ain't about how fast I get there. Ain't about what's waiting on the other side. It's the climb"

Proverbs 12: 18: "Reckless words pierce like a sword but the tongue of the wise brings healing"
Proverbs 15: 2: " The tongue of the wise commands knowledge, but the mouth of the fool gushes folly"

This battle at work doesn't seem to be ending. Everytime I'm settled - there's always something that'll happen to change it. Just that Lord, help me so that in my anger I do not sin or say things that are wrong and harsh. If there is nothing pleasant for me to say, help me control my tongue and to choose my words instead.

It's frustrating, I'm close to tears when i think or talk about it, however I guess, it's the journey and what I learn in the meantime that should matter more. "It's the climb"

Miley Cyrus may not have been thinking about You Lord when she sang this. Maybe not even the song-writer/s too. However just as the lyrics say, I'll keep my faith even if things aren't going the way I want "Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose"
I'll just keep trusting in You.



No comments: