Thursday, September 27, 2007

Front Desk

So, have started back at Jill's.
Back at the front desk where i used to sit 3 years ago. Ever ready to smile when the lift's bell gives a slight ring, welcoming the people who step out from the lift and into our cosy, dim-yellow lit, beautiful office.
Sitting in front of the black marble wall with the huge gold words spelling Jill Lowe International beautifully. Answering calls in the familiar sing-song like manner with soft hushed tones, "Good Morning, Jill Lowe International. Can I help you?".

Man, has it been 3 years already? I've been working in that place since i was 16 after O'levels, full time during my three and half months break, and part time ever since till now.

And yet nothing much have changed at the front desk. Still the same daily business of picking up calls, answering clients' questions, typing out and compiling modules for Jill, making sure the facial appointments will run smoothly. All these are the same, only for the people who are now sitting with me at the front, except for dear Vivian, my favorite colleague.

I miss Ayu. We joined Jill's at around the same time and she was so hilarious, never failing to make me laugh (she actually sang and danced for me a whole Bollywood song!), we were close at work, also because we came in faithfully at 8.30-9am and left for home together at 7.30pm sometimes up to 10! I know, it's crazy, the new girls are now much smarter.
But she left work a few months after i started school.
Well, thank God my new colleagues are really nice too, enjoy working with them and ive gotten used to being called a "meimei" too now.

No comments: