Friday, January 18, 2008

This is how foolish, absent minded and silly i can get sometimes:

In the ward the patients' drugs are kept in two trolleys. One for the female patients and another for the males. And the trolley is kept locked until its time to serve their medication. So, yesterday Nat and i wanted to prepare their medicines, Nat asked for the key (i think) and later on the staff nurse, Kim (i think) gave it to me to pass it to HuangBo, another staff nurse.
Placed it on top of the trolley for quite some time until smart-me thought to myself that it would be better if i kept it in my pocket instead, in case the keys got lost if i walked out of the room. And so smart-me continued the daily pattern of work.

Smart-me was reaching home soon, it was about 4pm at the time, the train was going to Admiralty and smart-me was talking non-stop to Nisa, feeling pretty satisfied and at ease. Of course i was feeling that way- the day went okay, we had lots of laughs earlier, the most recent was teasing Min =) and the following day would be my day off, so why wouldn't i be happy?
And then smart-me got a call. Found out it was Kak Su, and thought why would she be calling me, this was how the conversation went:
Sueria: "Hello, is this Sheela?"
Me: "Yeap"
Sueria: "Sheela, this is Kak Su here, by any chance have you seen the medication key?"
Me: "Oh, i put it on the trolley......" (then i remembered the next place i put it in, my hand went into my pocket, felt the key) its in my pockkkeeettttt" (by this time i was squealing softly if it can be done softly, or did i murmur that last bit)
Sueria: "Sorry, what?"
Me: "IT'S IN MY POCKET!!!!!"

Yea, so i had to go all the way back to the hospital, the best part was i was already reaching my station. I felt incredibly stupid at that time! Got off the train, walked to the other side and waited for the opposite train.
How brilliant.
Before i went into the ward i was so wishing i could place a plastic bag over my head!!!


Went out with best friend today, and again i cracked her up with my sillyness, well, she was equally silly too =)
A little example; over dinner we were talking about nursing stuff, mostly complaining about what we are subjected to at times...
Me: "Yeaaa. They must understand. Humans are nurses too!!!!!!!!!!!"
Nana: "Hmm" (nodding her head in full-agreement)
Me: "Eh? No. NURSES are HUMANS too!"
Nana: "Ehh? Oh ya..."
And then came our usual outburst of laughter.





No comments: