Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yesterday, i was thinking about being jobless till i start working in a permanent job.

My "petty cash" is slowly depleting, and i can't always keep asking my parents for money either. In my application form to KKH, i've requested that i start work in July since i'm going to China this May and i want to join the family camp in June (tho' starting only in July is not for sure 'cos i have yet to go for an interview, which is THIS FRIDAY, so wish me all the best people).

From now till July, now that's a long long time.

I've contemplated going back to Jill Lowe's to work, but that would mean that i got to buy more office wear. It's really a trouble wearing your own clothes - and it's not casual clothes mind you, to work, and investing in office wear is a waste for me, since i'm gonna be a nurse. It's a hassle, to wake up in the morning and start racking your brain thinking of what clothes to wear and dress up for work.
"Should i wear that top? No. I wore that last Friday"
"How do i accesorize differently? This necklace?"
"This cropped jacket with that shirt. Will i look formal enough?"
"Which eyeshadow to use?"
Gosh.. And once i start working at Jill's, it's a little hard to get out of the job.. Mr. Neo and Jill wants me to continue working for them - permanent. Apart from that, i feel pretty bad already, working only 'cos i have time to spare, but not being able to commit totally to them.

So, i've decided not to work for them, but other than Jill's, i can't think of any part time job i would like doing..I've worked with and only with them since i was 16..
I've always wanted to work at Starbucks. The black tee with the green apron and the smell of freshly brewed coffee. Everybody say "Aaahhhhh". However, that would be tough. I can't think of any part time jobs and i can't possibly stay at home doing nothing from now till July... I need cash to go out, transportation itself cost a fortune!

But this morning, the answer to my insignificant lil' problem came. Funny how sometimes God answers your prayers without you needing to pray for them.
Uncle Thomas sms-ed me asking if i would like to join his company, working for him temporarily. (: Admin work. Doesn't matter how long i'm gonna work there.
It could be from tomorrow till July or till i start working in the hospital.
Or it could be for 2 weeks. Or maybe just 5 days till he finds a permanent staff.
I don't care.
'Cos i'm back to earning some *ching-ching*.
The best part of it all - I don't need to wear heels or black formal pants to work. (:

First day of work at DEG Engineering Pte Ltd tomorrow ... (anyway, it dawned upon me just now as i was leaving his office that DEG stands for "David, Emma and Gabriel"!! Uncle Thom's three kids!)
HERE I COME!

No comments: