Friday, January 30, 2009

Done my round of nights. Now it's my turn to have a long weekend (: Have been keeping my nails long so i can nail-polish it.
My nights were great. Interesting how i'm enjoying work more and more. Maybe i've found my place for this season. Maybe it's the amazing people i'm working with.
Maybe i'm just a simple person.
Maybe it's cos God's teaching me and moulding me and allowing me to learn to love life.
To see life as precious, i enjoy being around this kids. Enjoy doing what i do.

They are some really really REALLY naughty ones. Okay, maybe just one.
Let me not go there. I start fuming when i think of him. And of his father.
Argh. Like father, like son. I'm still flabbergasted with what happened last night.
When the dad started being unreasonable to us yesterday, i felt all my insides flaming 'cos i've never come across such ridiculous behaviour. Though we were confronted rudely for no proper reason at all, I kept quiet 'cos i knew if i were to speak or answer him more, i'd start raising my voice.

My little baby at Bed 2 is putting on more weight. (:
He came in malnourished and is still pretty much malnourished for a 9 mth old baby. But chubby cheeks have now replaced the sunken ones he had when he first came back to us. He has got such a handsome face now. And he sleeps like an angel (:

My teenage patient, the one i very aptly named Lily for this blog, is getting better. She's walking around now., with assistance nevertheless but it's a HUGE improvement. :D We've taken out the NG tube and she's eating on her own. She's been with us so long that even her boyfriend is so familiar with us. He knows all our names by heart.

Haha. Sister K did night with us. She was the Unit Sister for all Paed Medical wards last night.
One of our phones is faulty, we got the FM guy to come fix it, he came and checked it out but said that he'll get someone to come back again in the morning.
So, both Lilian and I were alone in the ward while Kartina and Mariam went downstairs to buy snacks when Sister K came out to check up on us. She caught the two of us using the internet, haha, but only scolded us lightly and in a funny way, told us to do some other stuff and then the faulty phone started ringing.
She answered it and there wasn't anyone at the other end.

She went "hello? hello? Eh?? No one"
(looking at us) " This person does not want to talk"
(then back to the reciever) "IS THIS SHEELA'S BOYFRIEND??!!!!"

Hahaha! Seriously Sister K?
That was a hilariously unexpected thing to say. Both Lil and I could not stop laughing.

The previous night was with Kartina, Gracy and Subha. And Gracy sure can crap alot. Kartina becomes high at night too. Haha. We laughed so loud, Subha, the most sane one among us, had to keep going "Shhhh! Shhhh!"



Thank You Lord for protecting my nights, my patients, and us nurses.
Thank You for my colleagues.
Thank You for Your blessings.
Its true how you know our hearts, how you know what makes us truly happy
You give us the very best and for that I thank You.

No comments: