Friday, January 2, 2009

Finally met my poly buds last saturday at jee's 21st bbq get-together last saturday.
:D missed them so much, we catched up, shared intimate/girl-stuff stories despite the many people walking around us. How fast have we moved into another phase in life. Cheryl's an O.T. nurse, Fa's working in A & E, Khairiya and Jee's in Neuro and both Prim and I are in Paeds.
We enjoyed the breeze and the food. Jee's nenek cooks GOOD rendang!
Darsh couldn't join us 'cos she had an accident one week back and could not walk. She fell into a longkang. Not a joking matter 'cos her tendon tore, but it's just like her to fall into a longkang laaa. :D Another babe i miss so much.

My slippers tore around the time we wanted to leave, and was struggling to fix it back so i could at least decently walk up to the main road, Jee's family chose a bbq pit right near the end of the park!
Prim had to remind me about the other time my slippers tore at Marina Square! I sat at Mac's while Ya and Prim buy me new slippers!
My footwear always choose the unlikeliest of time to break. And always when i'm out with friends. Haha. Better with friends than when i'm alone.
So, just when i was pretty much prepared to walk barefooted out of the park, Ya's boyfriend offered to try to fix it. And fix it well he did!
It was beyond repair seriously. Still he cut a hole through my slipper, slip the top in and secured it underneath with a rubber band!
SMART!!!! He totally saved my face! :D

We left the park close to 12. Took the last bus to Pasir Ris MRT and got a cab from there since there was no more transport. Dad called me and he was fuming mad, there's this unspoken curfew that my dad has got for me. He never really imposed a time for me to be home by, just as long as it's not too late.
That's when i start thinking why is it that although i'm almost an adult, i'm still not allowed that freedom. It's not like i choose to stay out late everynight/ smeak out of the house. I come home. I get pissed when shift ends late and mum demands to know why i'm home so late and i have got to explain yet again that my work is not like those 9-5 jobs that the moment it turns 5 i can leave straightaway.
Hmm, but i'd rather have concerned parents to parents who can't be bothered at all.

Anyway, God "gave" me a good taxi driver. Right after Dad called me (he probably could hear Dad's angry, loud tone) he drove faster, when we reached my place he asked if i wanted him to turn into the carpark and i said he could just dropped me off at the bustop and he actually waited at the bustop until i got into the lift!
Now that's service from the heart. :D


One year has passed and it's a whole new year now
I've got a feeling this year's gonna zoom by me fast
Need to learn to enjoy every moment.
To soak in and take each day as a gift from God (:
Another year, another gift of life.
Another year to do His will, the question's not "what has 2009 got in store for me"
Rather its "what do i have in store for 2009"
Is this year gonna be a year of difference and of change, be it small or big
Or is this year just gonna be like any other year slowly sinking into oblivion

No comments: