Thursday, December 16, 2010

Family

Not perfect but still darn good.

I had a holiday trip back to Iloilo during the last week of November to visit and spend time with my extended family there. And I went there numb and frustrated with a few things. Never agreed to some of the choices made. But really, in the end, it's your family who gives you one of life's real joys and pleasures. No one's perfect and no matter how hard we try to make the best choice for ourselves or for others, life's such that we'll still make stupid mistakes. And not just once or twice, but probably a million times. To come around them, we just have got to make a mental note not to make the same kind of mistakes again.

My family has made some mistakes, but that does not mean I shouldn't try to understand them or stop loving them. They're still my family. And when I make mine, I know that I'll still have them to encourage me and walk me through it.

Spending time with my youngest aunt was what made this trip back home even more special. To have gone through what she did and to come out wiser than she was before. To live with the consequences and yet still make the best of it and choosing to look at the positive although everyone else might think negatively about it, I am proud of her.

No comments: