Thursday, May 24, 2007

For one of my modules, we have to come out with a health promotion program for our ICA. My group came up with a "Looking good/Achieving beauty: the healthier way" program targeting at secondary school girls. So we met teacher earlier, to discuss, present what we've come up with so far and to see if we are at the right track.
One of the comments/things (she was side-tracking for this one) she said was "Let me tell you this. Skinny people, after marriage they will put on weight. Whereas the bigger ones, after marriage will loose weight. It's true. I'm telling you!!" Then she went on to saying that she was towards the bigger side when she was younger and had lots of slimmer friends and now most of them are twice her size. My reply to that was why it was so and she almost shouted "Hey.. God is faairrrir!!!! Now its our turn to shine and look beautiful. You can't keep the beauty all to yourself what!!! Right?!"

haha. Okaayyyy.


Had drum practice just now (seriously, after such a long time). Uncle Thomas was teaching me some rolls/creative stuff i could do.. and Uncle Thomas is a big man, thus the strength and the sound when he plays.... Wow. My heart actually jumped when he thumped on the snare, tom-toms and the bass. I was standing right beside, extremely close to the drum set *not a good place to stand for the faint-hearted*, putting my hand on my chest the whole time when he showed me how to play/flow with the song. =) He is indeed a good teacher. Learnt recently that he could play almost every instrument.
His advice to me: "Play louder, play with confidence!"
I just get really nervous, don't exactly know why. Maybe it's because i become too self-concious. Something i should stop.


And also jogged with cheryl just now. Prim and fareha were sweet enough to accompany and wait for us. Decided to make it a point to exercise regularly together. Was a little embarrased tho', i mean the little kids from primary school could run way better and faster than us!.. gosh. And i can't say that i'm getting old, it's not an excuse because the older, the much older men also ran and overtook me alot. Neither can i then say that they are men, they've got better staminas because the aunties had more drive and determination in running/jogging those rounds non-stop.
That's the thing about running in the neighbourhood stadium and I'm terrible.

No comments: