Tuesday, May 1, 2007

thoughts

Worshipping thru' instruments.

I don't play many instruments(not very good in any) and the only instrument i consistently use is my voice. But one can tell whether a team is truly worshipping God when their playing their instruments or just jamming. There is that atmospheric difference.It's hair raising, you can feel it, you get drawn into the worship. It's not just about good music or making good music anymore. It's when playing the notes, adding artistic fills, is not done to please the people's ears but done to God.To please God. Alvin said this once, that he sings better when he's worshipping God, and i agree with him, somehow i find that i can reach higher notes when i'm immersed in singing to Him. My voice becomes louder when im not/no longer concious about the people around me or how i sound to them. (i do get self-concious, especially when i'm leading/the only one singing, this is also something that i've got to overcome, everytime i'm holding the mike,not to be concious about me, my voice, my singing, but instead to sing to God)

When i see Dot worshipping while playing the keys,the notes,the sound that comes out becomes much more beautiful, it somehow,attracts me,my spirit into worship. It's hard to pinpoint or express why it does. Yes, she is an excellent musician, but there's that something else when she's worshipping thru' the keys.
When we, musicians and singers play or sing our all to Him,when we're so caught in singing, wanting to play the drums,the bass, guitar, keys for Him, that will attract people into God's presence.. Because they can tell, if we are just hitting the right notes for the sake of it or when we are seeking Him with all our might. Let us not be concious about how we sound to people, whether we made a mistake, played the wrong chord accidentally, because nothing beats the way the music sounds when its from the heart to Him.


"when the music fades
And all is stripped away
And i simply come
Longing just to bring
Something that's of worth
That will bless Your heart.

I'll bring You more than a song, for a song in itself
is not what You have required
You search much deeper within
Thru' the way things appear
Your looking into my heart

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
When it's all about You, it's all about You Jesus
I'm sorry Lord for the things that i've made it
When it's all about You, it's all about You Jesus

King of endless worth
No one could express
How much You deserve
Tho' im weak and poor
All i have is Yours
Every single breath"

No comments: